Photography Tips: Taking images with your mobile
Photography Tips: Mobile photography is redefining the way we capture, see and share the world around us. It is a well known rule that the best camera is the one that you have with you, and given that most of us are glued to our mobiles, they make the best camera for most of us most of the time. So below are our favourite tips, tricks and apps for capturing beautiful images with your mobile.
- Make it blurry – Creating a blur on an image will give it a texture, which is beautiful and interesting. By using the app Camera+ you can lock exposure and focus separately which will enable you to create this beautiful style. All you need to do is lock the focus to something very close (you can even hold your hand right close to the lens) and then take your shot!
- Take multiple shots – The subtle difference of expression or lighting can change in a second, so when you are taking a shot it often helps to have options to choose from. Most mobiles have a function built in to enable you to take multiple or burst shots which you can then go through later on and pick your favourite from.
- Light is important – The direction of the lighting can make a huge difference to your images and natural light from the sun will always make your images seem more natural and bright. Be aware of where the sun is when you take your images and try moving around a subject or figure to ascertain where the best lighting is.
- Take it in motion – Taking an image of something that is moving can be tricky, even for digital cameras but there are apps that can help you to achieve beautiful images in motion. Try using something like Slow Shutter to drop the speed of your shutter down. Move your phone at the same speed as your subject to achieve motion blur in the background.
- Get creative with perspective – With a mobile phone, you have a very powerful camera in a very small box which means it has never been easier to play around with perspective, try taking images from corners, from up high or from down low. The world is your oyster!!