We know that a lot of you crafty crafters out there have little crafters and nothing is more fun than watching a mini get to grips with their own creativity! So for the next few months, we’re going to give a new series a go and get you crafting with the kids.
This month we’re going to make autumnal pasta necklaces (that are actually wearable!) Do you remember making these as a kid? This is a brilliant DIY with your little person – they will love it and so will you!
You will need:
- Pasta – as much or as little as you like. We went with macaroni and penne
- Paint – we went with autumnal colours for our necklaces but you can go with anything!
- Embroidery thread + needles – colours are down to you and your little people
- Paint your pasta. You can get your minis as involved or un-involved in this step as you like and that usually depends on how much mess you are happy to create. If you’re painting with toddlers, we suggest seriously protecting your work zone!
- Let your pasta dry on a plastic sheet or in a plastic container. Whatever you do, do not dry your pasta on paper because you will never get it off again!
- Thread your pasta onto the embroidery thread using the needle to help you through the tricky little holes. Make sure your minis stay away from the needles – this is more of a delegation job for them.
- To make the chevrons, just glue two ends of the penne together, allow to dry and then thread as one piece!
- And there you go! Beautiful, stylish jewellery created by your little person :).